Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"...They Will Care More For Their Different Gadgets Than For Their Relatives."

The Oracle of Kremna said:
"The more people will know, the less they will love and care for each other. Hatred will be so great between them that they will care more for their different gadgets than for their relatives."
(I think "hatred" might be better translated as indifference. In my limited experience the opposite of love is not hatred but indifference.)

Why do so many families have two working parents?
Is it so the children can be better loved and cared for, or is it so the family might have more gadgets?

The problem with gadgets is that one never seems to have enough. To make matters worse, they are always being made obsolete and in need of replacement. Gadgets occupy one's time, time that might be better used caring for one's relatives.

It is a cliche, but do I own my gadgets or have they come to own me?

Do my gadgets allow me to spend more time with my family?

It seems from the prophecy that knowledge and love are inversely correlated.

There is a wise addage that suggests:
"People want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."

Where do I stand on the knowledge - care continuum?

Does knowledge lead to indifference?

What value has knowledge if it doesn't lead to wisdom!

When the Illumination comes will I just know that God exists or will I have wisdom about the things of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment